- 4 chicken thighs or turkey steaks
- 250ml of creme fraiche
- 2 or 3 heaped tablespoons of grainy mustard
- 2 garlic cloves
- 150g of pancetta or lardons
- 3 or 4 small sprigs of thyme
- Set the oven to 200°C or gas mark 6.
- Put the chicken or turkey in an oven-proof dish.
- Put the creme fraiche into a bowl, and stir in the mustard.
- Crush the garlic and add to the creme fraiche mixture.
- Pull the thyme leaves off the stalks and add them to the creme fraiche mixture.
- Cut the pancetta into short little strips (if you're using lardons, they'll probably be chopped already).
- Fry the pancetta or lardons in a non-stick pan until the fat is golden.
- Mix the pancetta or lardons with the creme fraiche sauce, then pour it over the chicken or turkey.
- Bake in the oven for 35 minutes until the sauce is bubbling.
- Throughout this process help yourself to a glass or two of chilled New Zealand white.